The University of Texas is offering international undergraduate and graduate scholars a student grant award which is based on the need of the scholar.
The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) is a state research institution located in San Antonio, Texas, United States. The institution has been recorded to have over 28,000 students from many countries and as of 2014, it was ranked as the eight largest University in Texas.
The school possesses three campuses which covers over 750 acres of land with the main campus being the largest. The University of Texas offers a wide range of programs from undergraduate programs, graduate programs to doctoral degree programs.
It was awarded twice (2012 and 2013) by Times Higher Education as one of the best institution in the world under 50 years old.
The University of Texas was established and founded in June 5th, 1969 and it has affiliations with some academic bodies such as AASCU (American association of State Colleges and Universities), APLU, CNAHEC, AACU, and ORAU (Oak Ridge Associated Universities).
It has become a much known fact that not everyone is pocket-filled enough to attend a tertiary institution either as an undergraduate or a graduate. For the fact that Student “A” can afford t pay his fees doesn’t mean that Student “B” can, and neither does it mean that Student “C” shouldn’t be supported with any sum of student grant to enroll for any degree program that will probably rocket their career forward.
The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) is offering international students an opportunity to pursue for an undergraduate or graduate degree program offered by the institution under the student grant provided by UTSA. This scholarship will be taken in the host’s country – United States.
Most times, applying for scholarships can be quite technical and demeaning but it is our dedication and determination to get what we want that actually leads to success. In essence, there are certain requirements and criteria which is required of one to possess in order to be considered eligible for this scholarship award and they would be listed later on.
This scholarship award is targeted towards all international undergraduate and graduate students form any part of the world.
The application deadline for this scholarship is 15th October, 2017.
Value of Scholarship
The worth of scholarship award is dependent on the availability of funds.
- Student need to maintain satisfactory academic progress and good position in their education.
- Show financial need
- GPA of at least, 2.0 must be maintained by undergraduates while graduates need to maintain GPA not less 3.0
- Student must possess a J-1 or F-1 visa.
- If possible, have a legal Social Security Number.
- Student must be an international student (HB 1403 Students can apply for this scholarship too).
How to Apply
- Interested applicants must submit their application form by the set deadline for this scholarship.
- Submit a copy of your visa, a copy of your SSN card (Both sides if possible).
- Indicate if you are married/ single and have any dependent living in the United States.
- Write and submit a personal statement explaining that you need financial assistance and why.
Visit the link provided below to read more on how to apply and accessing the application form.
Kindly check http://www.utsa.edu/financialaid/types-of-aid/specialprog/intlgrant.html for more information.