Students wishing to study Engineering or English as part of their degree program can now smile as they are being offered an exclusive scholarship by The Hokkaido University. The MEXT e3 Scholarships is open for application from students who want to enroll to study an Engineering English program in the year 2018/19.
Many Engineering students are not aware that there are scholarships made specifically for them. While some who are aware don’t believe that it is actually being awarded. They did think it’s a hoax or some sort. Well, if you know any who doubts the existence of real and actual grants for school, tell them that there are numerous scholarships out there waiting to be grabbed by some Engineering students such as them.
The Hokkaido University is fondly called Hokudai. It’s a Japanese National University located in Sapporo, Hokkaido. Speaking of the top universities in Japan, this institution is considered as one. It was founded and established in September 1876. With over 21,000 Undergraduate and Graduate students, this institution has grown extensively in Japan. Formerly, it was called Sapporo Agricultural College before its name was changed to Hokkaido University in 1947. This school serves as the host for this MEXT e3 grant for school. Plus, they have a wide range of degree programs.
Most times, it’s great knowing that there are scholarship programs that supports what you wish to study and possibly take up as a career in the nearest future. Although this scholarship may require your presence on campus.
All foreign students from any country are welcomed to apply for this MEXT e3 Scholarship program offered by the University of Hokkaido.
Engineering English degree programs and other courses offered by the University of Hokkaido.
Each successful winner of this grant for school will receive the following benefits:
- Students who are enrolling for a full-time Master’s degree program will receive 144,000 Yen monthly.
- On the other hand, students who are full-time Doctoral degree students will receive 145,000 Yen monthly.
- All recipients of this award will be granted travel funds to and from their home country.
Candidates need to meet this criteria so they can be considered for this scholarship award.
- Applicants who will commence study on October 2018 must have been born after 2nd April 1982. This just the only age restriction.
- Interested applicants must be native of a country that has diplomatic relationship with Japan.
- Interested applicants should possess outstanding academic scores.
- Applicants residing in Japan or a native of Japan is not qualified to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
- Fill the MEXT e3 scholarship form.
- Prepare and submit a good research proposal.
- Provide two recommendation letter. One must be from your recent graduated institution.
- English test score to show your command over the English language. If your institution’s language of instruction is English, you will need to provide a “medium of instruction” certificate from your school.
- An abstract of your Bachelor’s/Master’s thesis.
- A passport indicating your nationality and your photo included.
Visit http://www.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/e3/images/documents/applicform17.docx to learn more